Monday, January 7, 2008

Initial Account Vitals

I think it's important to list the initial, vital statistics of my auto-trading account:

Beginning Balance: $2,000
Details:

Most of you will immediately see my current leverage at 1:60.37 and say "this guy is crazy, he's going to blow his account in one week". But looking through all of TAB's trades for 2007, they never had more than one signal trading at one time. This means my total exposure at any one time will be only 4 mini lots (1 trade). If you take that into account, my theoretical leverage is 1:20.12

For those of you that are unfamiliar with FX-Auto, a 1:20 leverage is considered to be a maximum safety for your auto-trading portfolio. I am trading in fixed lots as I have already devised a system for increasing size and would rather have manual control over those decisions.

I will probably update this blog at least once a week at the end of each trading week to track the overall performance. The work is done, now it's time to be patient.

No comments: