Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekly Update

This week was not a good start for Team Aphid Bird. We experienced some extremely range-bound and choppy markets which is the worst environment for the TAB strategy to trade in. Out of 12 trades, most were losers while the biggest losses were seen in EUR/JPY as we flipped our position many times toward the end of the week only to see it flipped over and over again as it traded in a range. We know that this is not abnormal and these kind of draw-downs have occured in the past. I will not be reconfiguring the portfolio. The final result as is follows:

Total Trades: 12
Volume Traded: 490k
P&L: -($511.08)
ROI: -25.55%
Balance: $1,488.92

My manual, discretionary trading went quite well however and I feel that it is important that I update about that too. I personally took a total of 20 trades and lost on 10 of them. However, I am very good with my money management and my winners were much bigger than my losers. I was able to much more than offset the losses from TAB and even make money on the week. I did not trade more than 2 minis per trade and often traded only 1 mini. Here is a summary of my discretionary trading results:



Total Trades: 20
Volume Traded: 360k
P&L: $1,227.82
ROI: 61.39%
Balance: $3,227.82

When we combine these two results (the discretionary and TAB trades), we get our complete portfolio's results as follows:

Total Trades: 32
Volume Traded: 850k
P&L: $716.74
ROI: 35.84%
Balance: $2,716.74

This last result represents the portfolio as it is going into this new week of trading. Hopefully we will see some positive results from TAB and we'll really be performing well then. I will have a similar update like this every week followed by a more detailed, monthly update.





Happy Trading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I looked at your picture, noticed you havent covered your manual trades user name completely.

-Saraf

Anonymous said...

Hi Cambist,

Thanks for sharing your autotrading results.

You can follow mine on www.fx245.com.

Success and many pips !

Cheers, FX245.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cambist:

I hope you come back and start updating this again on a regular basis. The insight it always great, and I encourage you to also follow the community I'm a part of:

www.systemrunner.com. Cheers!